Thursday, February 25, 2016

Darcy's Duel by Rosalie Hammond - 3 stars - Sweet and short



Darcy's Duel: Pride and Prejudice VariationDarcy's Duel: Pride and Prejudice Variation by Rosalie Hammond
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sweet little story with a couple of giggles. After the Hunsford proposal, Darcy is so angry he decides to confront Wickham and obtain satisfaction. At least, this is what the people of Meryton hear, and they quickly spread the word the two men are going to duel. However, they have no intention of doing so with weapons, they plan for fisticuffs. But, this misunderstanding sets up several others.

Nothing really special here, but I would not say it is not worth reading. It is cute, and there are some fun conversations. The entire story is fairly short.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Really? I find the idea of Darcy lowering himself to fight Wickham not quite believable. I will have to read the sample and the other reviews posted.

    ReplyDelete